Welcome to the Worship Circus. Part 3.

You can also check out Part 1 and Part 2.

So what steps can we put into place to keep us from turning worship into the circus?


I think this is a pretty good question. As we were studying Philippians last week, we talked about this verse...

Philippians 1:11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.


I asked about stealing glory and praise from God. I think that sometimes we do this unintentionally, when worship becomes the circus. One of our group stated they felt that being thankful was one of the things that helped them to keep their focus in worship on the Lord.

That really stood out to me. When our worship is an overflow of the thankfulness we have for our God, we will be far away from the circus. Instead of trying to "purpose" worship for evangelism, worship should be a reaction to reflection on the Almighty.

As a side note, I've been thinking maybe we should do more singing after we hear from God's word than we normally do. Sometimes worship through music is viewed as the warm-up for the message. Maybe it should be the response? I'm still considering this one.

When worship is obedience combined with adoration, worship is exactly what God desires.

I wanted to direct you to a couple of other posts that really spurred on my thinking about this subject in recent weeks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Simple by Rob Morgan - Devotions

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.