What is the Best Version of You?

It's a new year and another reminder of who we would like our best selves to be.  What is the best version of you?  Someone skinnier? Healthier? More outgoing? Disciplined?
2018 Resolution - Catch More Fish

I find it interesting that for many people the new year brings this thought to mind - 


"What can I do to bring out the best version of myself?"

I'd say maybe the most impressive people are those who make no resolutions because they are always working on the best versions of themselves.  Those kind of people also make me sick.  ;)

On Christmas Eve, I was really challenged to stop neglecting the people and grace I already have in my life for whatever I felt was missing at the time.   Sometimes we miss the grace that God has put right under our nose because we are looking for the next thing.  I want to be thankful in the moment for every blessing and opportunity I already have. 

From my devotions this morning:

"As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart." 
Proverbs 27:19

I spoke with some friends yesterday and we were reminded that sometimes your "faith" is different from your "practice."  In other words, you may say you believe certain truths, but what you really believe is born out by your actions.   I want my heart to change and I hope that my life will bear it out. 

I'd say this verse from Proverbs has a similar idea.  Your life - the actions and attitudes that you display on a daily basis - will demonstrate what you really believe.  

So what is in your heart today?

Lord, please help me to live a life of grace, thankful for all of the blessings you have given me, rather than always looking for the things I do not have. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!