It's MY MONEY!

Do you ever feel like you give God 10 percent and you get to do what you please with the rest? I have felt that way. Verses like these in Deuteronomy say something different...


Deut 8:17 You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." 18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.


Truth is, without God we have nothing. He gives us the ability to produce wealth. Every penny we have is only by God's grace. So why wouldn't we give it back to Him with joy?



I never want to come across as hungry for money or as begging people as though God doesn't have the resources to take care of His purposes. But lately I feel as though I have shyed away from talking about money openly with God's people. And it really shouldn't be something that we fear. It's all His anyway.



Lord, help me to give with the same joy that I have when I receive your blessings in my life. My I never forget that it's all yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals