Does God Accept Dirty Money?

I've always felt that if somebody won the lottery and wanted to give some money to the church, or if someone had earned money by "questionable means" and gave some of that money to the church, that it could be accepted. After all, it would be taking money from a possible "bad" use and using it towards the kingdom. And isn't the love of money the problem, not money itself?


Well, I came across a scripture a few days back, and it's been working on me.

Deuteronomy 23:17 No Israelite man or woman is to become a shrine prostitute. 18 You must not bring the earnings of a female prostitute or of a male prostitute into the house of the LORD your God to pay any vow, because the LORD your God detests them both.

God didn't want the gift gained by sin to pay any vow. If God didn't want gifts given by any sinner, I don't think there would be any money in the offering plate. But this text makes me question the idea of accepting "dirty" money in the church. I think there are still more factors to consider, but I brought this whole thing up because of what this passage made me do.

This text made me question my opinion and submit it to the truth of scripture. How many "Christians" today are living contrary to the word of God because they "feel" this or that is ok for them. I've actually heard of people saying "I don't care what the Bible says" here is what I think or feel about this or that.

This passage reminded me that no matter how old I get, or how much information I take in, I must always yield my opinions to the Lord's truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals