Weekend at Bernie's and Time Management.

Do you ever have a day or an hour that you wish you could take back?

A couple of months ago, my daughter and I were up late and I saw that the movie "Weekend at Bernie's" was going to be on the tube and for some reason I remembered this movie to be hilarious. So I thought we'd watch it. I kept waiting for the funny parts to come. And waiting. And waiting. My daughter didn't think it was all that funny either. I'm guessing I must have been unbelievably tired the first time I watched it and maybe it was one of the moments when anything would have been funny.

Yesterday at church we started the seven deadly sins. The first sin we examined was sloth. It's contrasting virtue is diligence and we spent quite a bit of time looking into the idea of making the most of our time. And now when I'm discussing wasting time - I simply refer to my "Weekend at Bernie's" experience. Two hours of my life, gone forever. We were reminded to live diligently and passionately. I would encourage you this week to make the most of your 24 each and every day.

Romans 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Making a Move...

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.