Into the Sanctuary

The psalmist was envious of the wicked, upset that though he tried to live a righteous life, he was not prospering as the wicked man was. He was having difficulty understanding the prosperity of the wicked until he went into the sanctuary...

Psalm 73:16 But when I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task, 17 until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I discerned their end.

We need quiet time with God for many reasons, but this is one of them - to discern truth about life. Spending time with God helps me remember why I'm here and what this life is all about. In case we forget - the Psalmist reminds us at the end of this song...

25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. 26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


Lord, our flesh will fail. Be our strength and our portion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals