Trust Me.

Trust Me. That's what God is saying to me from Romans 8:28-30.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

The whole end of chapter 8 is so uplifting, but it can also be very challenging.

God is working good... My nephew dies.
God is working good... My cousin has cancer.
God is working good... My good friend is struggling just to get by.
God is working good... I can't seem to do anything right.

God is making us into the likeness of Jesus. He will accomplish this task. Here's where the 'trust me" part comes in. I don't understand so many things. Some of them can hurt like crazy. Why does God allow them? I'm not gonna go into all the theological ramifications of God & Evil. But practically speaking, it's just plain hard to deal with sometimes.

The hope goes back to that "Glory Revealed" thing. The present suffering - it doesn't compare. God says, "Trust Me."

I guess what I'm saying this morning is "I'm trying." I believe, help my unbelief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals