He Never Said It Would Be Easy

Some weeks are just harder than others. Sometimes life throws you curves or sliders, or even the dreaded knuckler. I don't enjoy weeks like that. Recently, I often find that Monday's after a long weekend are harder, not for the usual reasons necessarily, but because on those Mondays I really seem to exam myself and where I am at and why I am here and most of the time I come up short on the answers.

Those days I need extra grace.

This week I read this from Habakkuk...

17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. 19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

The Lord reminded me that He gives strength, in the worst of times and for me, even on those dreaded Mondays.

Cross posted on the Heights blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Making a Move...

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.