My Prayer

I'm excited about this weekend. I'm excited about the Debtor's Prison Drama that some ladies in our church will be putting on. I'm excited about my friend Steve and the great expectation he has for this coming Sunday. I'm excited about my nutty friend Jason and the unbelievable things God is about to do in their church. I'm excited for both of my brothers who are also pastors who desire nothing else than to see God's power move among the people they are shepherding. Then I read this scripture this morning...

2 Thessalonians 1

11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I was truly overwhelmed.

I have been praying for those mentioned above and others, but this began to excite me in my prayers. When God counts us worthy of His calling, He - through HIS power - fulfills OUR good purposes. He - through HIS power - fulfills OUR every act prompted by FAITH. We are active in these verses. We have purposes, we have actions, we have faith. And even though "we" are small, tiny, grains of sand in some ways - God uses us. Why?

That the name of the Lord Jesus would be glorified in us and we in Him.

By His Grace. Let that sink in. When we step out of the boat in faith to follow God's prompting, he uses us. He uses us when we walk in faith. When we make a phone call, say a prayer, hand out a bottle of water, send a mailer, knock on a door, visit a hospital, play ball with a little snotty-nosed kid in faith - God uses us to Glorify the Name of Jesus.

What a privilege to be on the same team as the Almighty. What an honor to be used by Him. Pray with me that many, many souls will come to Christ in the next few weeks because of the Grace and Greatness of God and because of the faith of His children.

My desire is to follow every prompting that God ever gives me in faith. Knowing that he WILL fulfill his purposes in and through people of faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals