Speaking Up...

I had an interesting encounter at Walmart tonight. A woman in front of me was buying some cigarettes, but she didn't have any ID. She seemed very familiar to me. She began to share the date of her birth with the clerk, and then I was almost positive that I knew her.

Usually at this point, I would just keep quiet and wonder, but for some reason, tonight I was bold enough to ask. Turns out she remembered me, and we went to Junior High and High School together. I wonder how many times I mess up by not speaking up.

Tonight's reading reminds me that I need to speak up for the unborn as well...

Proverbs 31:8 Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. 9 Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Lord, help me to be bold and speak as You lead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.