Hallowed be This Day...

Hallowed.

That word in the Lord's prayer has really worked me over. It reminds me that life is all about God's Name. Today I found it in an unusal place - Genesis 2 (ASV)

Genesis 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it; because that in it he rested from all his work which God had created and made.


Why did God make a day to be sacred and holy? Because we need to rest and reflect. We need some downtime to remember what is important. I've not been able to keep up on my blog reading like I used to, but I still follow a few. One that I've been tracking recently is Soul City Church. One thing that they constantly remind us is that we need a sabbath - we need a day to rest and reflect.

After all, if God hallowed a day, it must be pretty important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals