Failing Love

Unfailing Love. It's a great idea, yet around us all we often see is failing love. Parents who love our kids, but are unable to discipline them faithfully and consistently. Husbands and wives with great love, but who fail day after day in serving each other, and the only thing that seems consistent is our desire to please ourselves. Friendships where we love, but disappointment abounds. We are all about failing love. Fortunately, God is not about failing love. Look at what Isaiah says about God's love in Isaiah 54.

7 "For a brief moment I abandoned you,
but with deep compassion I will bring you back.

8 In a surge of anger
I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
I will have compassion on you,"
says the LORD your Redeemer.

9 "To me this is like the days of Noah,
when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.
So now I have sworn not to be angry with you,
never to rebuke you again.

10 Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

Isn't that fantastic? The mountains shaken and the hills removed, yet the Lord's compassion, his unfailing love, remains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals