The Low Ways and Low Thoughts...

Today I was dealing with a very important issue to the church. And I was (and still am to some extent) looking for answers. When I read my devotions this evening, Isaiah 55 was the passage and this is what stood out:

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Sometimes I think God just laughs at me. I think I have things all figured out, and he throws in the monkey wrench. I'm really good at the low ways and the low thoughts. But this passage reminds me to humble myself and seek the Lord while he may be found. By the way, that verse is in this chapter too!

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals