Approved By God

I need to read these verses more often...
1 Thessalonians 2:3 For the appeal we make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor are we trying to trick you. 4 On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts. 5 You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed—God is our witness. 6 We were not looking for praise from men, not from you or anyone else.

I am always prone to pleasing others. Sometimes out of fear of rejection, but hopefully more often out of desire to love and to encourage. These verses remind me that God tests my heart. He is the one I MUST please. I hope that I can teach the people around me, especially my children, that God is the first and last person on the list of people I must please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals