Good, But Not Good Enough

I was looking at the words to the Church of Ephesus today and it made me somewhat nervous.

Ephesus was doing a ton of things the right way...
2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
  • A great work ethic
  • A won't quit attitude
  • A hatred for evil
  • A willingness to test the spirits
  • A willingness to suffer
I dare say there are many churches today that probably wouldn't be able to live up to the list in those 2 verses.  And yet it wasn't enough...
4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 

It comes back to love.  We can work and shape and chisel, but ultimately or love for God's Glory is what marks our lives.

Lord, increase our passion for Your kingdom, and help us to live out that love with obedience.

Comments

Tia said…
I get wrapped up in the doing stuff Christian life...all well and good...but thanks for the reminder to stick to my first love!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!