Understanding Holiness

Revelation 4:8b Day and night they never stop saying: “‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,’ who was, and is, and is to come.”
When I hear these words they almost seem foreign to me.  The four living creatures constantly cry out "Holy, holy, holy..."  It's as if they are so enthralled with the holiness of God, that it is all they can speak of day and night.  I sing about God's holiness and even praise Him as holy, but I have a feeling my understanding is so incomplete that I really don't have a clue about the true holiness of God.

I remember the first time I saw the Grand Canyon.  I had seen pictures that tried to project its majesty, but when I actually saw it first hand I was dwarfed by its grandeur.  There was no comparison between the pictures and the real thing.  I imagine that's what God's holiness is like.  I understand that He is perfect and demands perfection.  That he has the utmost hatred for sin and the greatest passion for righteousness.  But I have a feeling on the day when I finally meet the Lord the only thing I'll be able to do is cry "Holy, holy, holy..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!