A Nation Such as This

I know that America and Israel are not the same, but somehow as I read this passage tonight, I couldn't help but wonder if we are guilty of the same sins, and if we shouldn't expect some of the same punishment.

Jeremiah 5:7 “How can I pardon you? Your children have forsaken me and have sworn by those who are no gods. When I fed them to the full, they committed adultery and trooped to the houses of whores. 8 They were well-fed, lusty stallions, each neighing for his neighbor's wife. 9 Shall I not punish them for these things? declares the Lord; and shall I not avenge myself on a nation such as this?

25
Your iniquities have turned these away, and your sins have kept good from you. 26 For wicked men are found among my people; they lurk like fowlers lying in wait. They set a trap; they catch men. 27 Like a cage full of birds, their houses are full of deceit; therefore they have become great and rich; 28 they have grown fat and sleek. They know no bounds in deeds of evil; they judge not with justice the cause of the fatherless, to make it prosper, and they do not defend the rights of the needy. 29 Shall I not punish them for these things? declares the Lord, and shall I not avenge myself on a nation such as this?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals