The Violent God...

Something about this verse struck home with me...

Jeremiah 48:10 “Cursed is he who does the work of the Lord with slackness, and cursed is he who keeps back his sword from bloodshed.

The context for this verse is the fury of God's wrath being poured out on Moab for their wickedness. The sword of God's vengeance is being delivered, and cursed is the one who refuses to deliver it.

This verse reminds me that I serve a holy God. He doesn't just demand a good effort. He demands my heart and soul for His kingdom.

Lord, please help me to be disciplined and effective in my work for the Kingdom. But most of all, let my heart be full of passion as I fight in this spiritual war.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals