Can a Believer Hate Church?

We had another good day of services this past Sunday. I preached on Ephesians 5:22-33 and I went with a different approach than normal. I was impressed by the Lord's love for His Church. I know that recently there has been a push by some Christians to say they love Jesus, but hate Church. After reading this passage, it's pretty obvious that Jesus loves the Church. He gave himself for her; He will present her radiant, holy and blameless. He feeds her and cares for her.

I find it very difficult to say that I hate something that Jesus loves, cares for and gave his life to save. I understand that people are referring to "Church" as traditions, or rituals, or clubs of highly respected moral people. And they really aren't talking about the body of believers transformed by their encounter with the risen Christ. But I don't think you would ever hear Jesus say that he hates Church.

Let us love the Church with the same passion that our Savior and Lord does. Let's us seek its increase and pray that it will bring Glory to our great God!
Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals