Worship Rules...

Isaiah 29: 13 The Lord says:
"These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me is made up
only of rules taught by men.

I wonder sometimes, how much of our worship is simply rules taught by men. We know the right answers, we ask the right questions, and we speak the truth. But where are our hearts? How much of our corporate worship is just rules taught by men. Maybe even our daily personal worship, how much of this is just following rules taught by men?

I thoroughly enjoy teaching my kids Sunday School Class. We often work very hard at coming up with the right answers, but sometimes I wonder if it is getting from their heads down to their hearts. How does the truth get from the mind to the heart? God said that he would show himself through the works of his hands, and that would turn their hearts back to a place of awe.

23 When they see among them their children,
the work of my hands,
they will keep my name holy;
they will acknowledge the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob,
and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.

Dear God, I'm almost afraid to ask, but please show yourself among us, that the Truth would not just fill our minds, but would cause us to step back in awe of You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals