God is Angry

I hate to stay on the same theme here, but again I am amazed that anyone would read the scriptures and not be able to see that sometimes God is not only love, but vengeance, wrath, and anger.
Isaiah 33:2 The LORD is angry with all nations;
his wrath is upon all their armies.
He will totally destroy them,
he will give them over to slaughter.

3 Their slain will be thrown out,
their dead bodies will send up a stench;
the mountains will be soaked with their blood.

Here is a question for anyone reading this blog. I've been taught that basically there are 5 fundamentals to the Christian faith.

1. The Virgin Birth
2. The Inerrancy of the Scriptures
3. The Substitutionary Atonement
4. The Physical and Literal Resurrection of Jesus
5. The Physical and Literal Return of Jesus.

I'm wondering if a Literal Eternal Heaven and a Literal Eternal Gehenna (Hell), should be number 6?

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm so thankful for the forgiveness I have found in Jesus. I think our belief in the truth of God's wrath is what increases our appreciation for the grace of God. But we've got to take the bad news if we are going to take the good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals