I Want To Be A Liberal

Isaiah 32:8 But the noble man makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he stands.

This is from the NIV. The King James Version reads like this...

8But the liberal deviseth liberal things;
and by liberal things shall he stand.

I thought that was very interesting. Most of the time liberal has a negative connotation in our culture, but here it has a very positive one. I think it is good to do things nobly, and probably the point here is that the noble or "liberal" person is known for their generosity and dealing with integrity. In that sense, I think we all should desire to be liberal.

Comments

Shane and Joy said…
Great stuff man!

I sure enjoy keeping up with your thoughts and musings on spiritual matters.

Keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals