Desiring God

I am finally going to read the book "Desiring God" by John Piper. I have had good friends tell me to read Piper for many years, but I have never cultivated a love of reading. I am truly going to try and work on that.

Just from the preface I already can tell that this book is going to be good for me. I have already read two quotes that I really like...

"May the Living God, who is the portion and rest of the saints, make these our carnal minds so spiritual, and our earthly hearts so heavenly, that loving him, and delighting in him, may be the work of our lives." -- Richard Baxter

"The joy of the Lord will arm us against the assaults of our spiritual enemies and put our mouths out of taste for those pleasures with which the tempter baits his hooks." -- Matthew Henry

I hope by blogging what I learn from this book that maybe I will retain it better. I have a feeling that this book may be a great help in my journey to wholly lean on Jesus' Name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals