Singing With Your Mind

Not sure what has gotten in to me today - I'm posting like crazy for some reason.

Here's another interesting passage...

1 Corinthians 14:15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.

Paul is urging the Corinthians when they speak to speak in a way that "speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation."

I think sometimes we "sing to ourselves" in worship. We sing songs that make us happy, but don't necessarily edify the body. It's difficult sometimes to find the balance. I love new songs, but it's pretty obvious that not everyone likes the music I like. I need to be mindful to sing in a way that will communicate and edify, not just to make me feel good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals