Generous Sojourners

It's a tough time right now. Everywhere. Even people in ministry are losing their jobs. In my devotions today I was reminded that we are sojourners, strangers in a foreign land. But we can be generous whether we have little or much, because it all comes from God.

1 Chronicles 29:9 Then the people rejoiced because they had given willingly, for with a whole heart they had offered freely to the Lord. David the king also rejoiced greatly...14 “But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you. 15 For we are strangers before you and sojourners, as all our fathers were. Our days on the earth are like a shadow, and there is no abiding.


Lord, I know that difficult days are ahead. Help me to trust in you during good times and bad times. Remind me that I'm a sojourner. And help me to be a generous one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Making a Move...

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.