Questioning God.

Have your parents ever told you to "watch that tone" when referring to the way that you speak to them? Have you ever spoken to God with a tone of doubt, or anger, or even sarcasm?

When I read about Abram again, I noticed his tone with God...

Genesis 15:2 But Abram said, “O Lord God, what will you give me, for I continue childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” 3 And Abram said, “Behold, you have given me no offspring, and a member of my household will be my heir.”

Some of the older generation in our church were taught to never question God. They were taught that was disrespectful. I think I'm of a different mindset. I think God is big enough to handle any of my small questions.

Abram calls God out - how will this happen? And God is kind enough to answer.

Lord, let me be bold enough to ask and humble enough to know when to shut up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Making a Move...

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.