Exercise Your Strengths or Improve your Weaknesses?

What is a better use of your life? To do what your good at or to try and be better at the things that you're not so good at?

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.


I often find myself comparing myself to other pastors. Why isn't our work growing faster? Why don't I speak as well as that pastor does? Should I visit the sick more often or spend time in study? Should I work on the web or the blog or head up a service project?

I think passage is a good reminder that the church is a body. We have different parts and different gifts. We need to let people with different gifts be different. And we don't need to feel guilty when we don't possess someone else's gifts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!