Zealous for God

I've been working on the theme for the next year - "Chasing God." Today in my devotions I was reminded that there are quite a few people who are chasing God, but that's not the only thing that matters. You must chase God with knowledge...

Romans 10:1 Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. 2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. 3 Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. 4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

I think this knowledge is a "head" knowledge AND a "heart" knowledge. I know in some circles people are saying "I need deeper teaching." But what can be deeper than actually applying what you are learning? Yet on the other hand it is not enough for someone to say - "I'm seeking God." How are they "seeking God?" That is the real question. It matters.

Again, righteousness comes by faith. That is the point. We must seek God on His terms and His terms are faith and repentance. His terms are accepting the work of Christ on the Cross as our own and trusting that work instead of our own.

Lord, please help me to chase you, but to do it on your terms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!