I Hate Esau.

Tough stuff.

Romand 9:13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Some have used this passage to say that God hates some and has already damned them to Hell. And he loves some and has destined them for Glory. I do agree with that assesment, but I base it upon God's foreknowledge. I know that there is a lot of disagreement out there about foreknowledge. But I think God damns and loves based upon how we respond to Christ. I think that is Biblical.

This whole chapter is a strong reminder to me that not all Israel is Israel and not everyone who is going to church is THE Church and not everyone who proclaims the name Christian or Christ-Follower is truly a disciple.

A righteousness that is by faith.

Lord, help us to walk by faith and not by sight, and not by stumbling over the law or the "stumbling stone."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!