It's Not Easy Being Green.

No offence to Kermit the Frog. I am a big Muppet Fan. But that's a post for another day.

I was able to have a good discussion with some of my wife's family over the holiday's concerning the topic of environmentalism and Christianity. Here is the blog article that really got me to thinking.

I imagine we all could do a little better as far as it relates to being good stewards of this planet. My concern is how much emphasis should we place on the environment versus the souls of our neighbors and others around the globe.

I'm considering starting with some small steps to make our house a little more environmentally friendly, but I sure don't want to major on the minors here. I still think that there are bigger issues at stake. I don't want to place my focus on the temporary when I know it should be on the eternal. I'm sure that God is pleased when we take care of the resources he has left in our care.

But I never want to value a bear, or seal, or whale or tree over the soul of a human being.

I think this issue is going to take an increasing place of prominence in the evangelical church. I think it won't be long that instead of speaking out on abortion and homosexuality, the "evangelical" church will be speaking out on environmental issues and obesity.

If you have a take on this issue, I'd love to hear it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals