Does God Still Speak Through Dreams?

Reading about Joseph in my devotions today brought about this question. Do you think God might still speak to us through our dreams?
Genesis 41:1 After two whole years, Pharaoh dreamed that he was standing by the Nile, 2 and behold, there came up out of the Nile seven cows attractive and plump, and they fed in the reed grass. 3 And behold, seven other cows, ugly and thin, came up out of the Nile after them, and stood by the other cows on the bank of the Nile. 4 And the ugly, thin cows ate up the seven attractive, plump cows. And Pharaoh awoke.

Joseph interprets the baker and the butler's dreams. Then he interprets the Pharaoh's dreams. God uses this to carry out His redemptive purposes. I just wonder if He may do this today on a personal level. I'm not saying we should add anything to God's word, absolutely not! But I still wonder if God doesn't use our dreams to guide us or to encourage or exhort us. I know I felt that God used my dream the other day to admonish my laxity of spiritual care over some people in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals