Gen 5:24 Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.
- God took him. Can you imagine? One day God is walking with you at your place, the next day you are walking with Him at His. Oh, to be as close to God as Enoch was.
Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God.
- "Blameless in his generation" - Noah stood out. In the midst of extreme wickedness, Noah was without blame. Another great example for all of us to follow.
Gen 6:22 Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him.
- This is what I have always loved about Noah. The whole world may have been calling him a crazed lunatic. He did what God commanded. That is the essence of faith. Obedience to God's word.
Matthew 4:4 “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
- I constantly need this reminder. I will not be nourished unless I have the words of God. Lord, help me to be hungry and thirsty for your righteousness and your word.
Proverbs 1:17 For in vain is a net spread in the sight of any bird,18 but these men lie in wait for their own blood;they set an ambush for their own lives.19 Such are the ways of everyone who is greedy for unjust gain; it takes away the life of its possessors.
- Who says the Bible isn't relevant? It seems these days everyone wants to get rich quick. And some are willing to cut ethical corners to do it. But people who take this route are taking their own lives. Their lives are being wasted on their hunger for things.