Now or Later

Here is another great reminder from an Old Testament passage that we should not make our focus on the stuff of this life. I'm hoping to discuss the destination vs. the journey in my next "Get Saved or Get Lost!" post, but for now I'll leave you with this passage from my devotions today...

Psalm 17:13 Arise, O Lord! Confront him, subdue him!
Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword,
14 from men by your hand, O Lord,
from men of the world whose portion is in this life. (Now)
You fill their womb with treasure;
they are satisfied with children,
and they leave their abundance to their infants.

15 As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness. (Later)

David says that the wicked find their portion in this life, but the righteous will awake to life forever with God.

Lord, please help me to put my focus on pleasing you in Christ that I may awake and be satisfied with your likeness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals