Dying Stars - Jake Bouma

A couple weeks ago, I was priveliged to get a copy of Dying Stars by Jake Bouma. After a couple of listens, my favorites are Leave The Light On and If You Return I'll Take It. I like the simplicity of Jake's music, but I am curious as to what he'd sound like with a full band as well.

I love the rhythms of Leave the Light on. I can listen to it over and over. I don't want to "label" Jake as sounding like just one artist, because on this album his songs have a lot of different flavors. But I am a John Mayer fan, and I couldn't help but notice how much Jake's If You Return I'll Take It sounds like Mayer's St. Patrick's Day. Check them out and see if you agree.

Thanks for sharing Jake.

I look forward to hearing more of your work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals