Don't Underestimate the Power of an Angry God

From Saturday's reading...

Numbers 11:21 But Moses said, “The people among whom I am number six hundred thousand on foot, and you have said, ‘I will give them meat, that they may eat a whole month!’ 22 Shall flocks and herds be slaughtered for them, and be enough for them? Or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, and be enough for them?” 23 And the Lord said to Moses, “Is the Lord's hand shortened? Now you shall see whether my word will come true for you or not.”

Moses is tired of hearing the people whine for meat. He begs the Lord for some help. God says he will deliver meat - so much so that the people will loathe meat.

Then Moses has a "systems" problem. "God, where are you going to come up with the meat?" Is there enough fish in the sea to give meat to 600,000 people for a month? Look at God's answer... "Is the Lord's hand shortened?"

How many times have we felt this way? "God, how will you do this?" This is impossible. God says "Watch me!"

Lord, forgive me for doubting you. Help me not to whine, and more importantly, help me to trust you in all things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals