Passing it Down...

From today's reading...
Deuteronomy 6:2 that you may fear the Lord your God, you and your son and your son's son, by keeping all his statutes and his commandments, which I command you, all the days of your life, and that your days may be long.

I was shooting hoops with my son last night and wondering what I was passing down. It's not easy teaching someone to play defense when the person they are defending is about 2 feet taller. It's downright frustrating for him and me too. But it was an important lesson to always keep trying. I'd love for my son to play ball as he grows up. But I hope I'm passing down a lot more than a good jumper and some defense. I hope that I am passing along a real, authentic love for God.

Lord, I tell you this almost every day, but I hope you will help me, and especially my kids, to love You more than anything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals