Never Stop Crying

From my reading earlier this week...
Mark 10:47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” 48 And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” 49 And Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” And they called the blind man, saying to him, “Take heart. Get up; he is calling you.”

Bartimaeus knew he needed help and he felt that Jesus could help him. So he cried. Those around him tried to hush his cries. They rebuked him, telling him to shut-up.

He didn't.

He cried all the more for mercy and Jesus stopped. That is an amazing thought to me. Jesus stopped. Bartimaeus' acquaintances that day told him to get up. They told him to take heart. He is calling you. What a tremendous day!

Lord, please help me to never stop crying. When the world, or my flesh or even the devil would say to me, "Hush! You shouldn't trouble the master with this!" Let me be like Bartimaeus and cry out all the louder.

Thank you for stopping for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals