The Fruit of His Labor

While looking at today's reading, I thought about the similarity between the promised land, and the promise of Christ...
Joshua 24:13 I gave you a land on which you had not labored and cities that you had not built, and you dwell in them. You eat the fruit of vineyards and olive orchards that you did not plant.’

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

The Lord is going to deliver to us cities that we did not build and a land where we have not labored because he has done all of the laboring. And while I'm sure those buildings in Jericho were impressive, they will pale in comparison to the handiwork of Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!