Pacificism, Politics & Prayer...

From today's reading...

Deuteronomy 19:13 Your eye shall not pity him, but you shall purge the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, so that it may be well with you.

This is a reminder to me to pray for our nation. I've been wrestling with the scriptural ideas about government lately. The scriptures remind me that God has ordained government and that we are to fear God and honor the king. And yet, sometimes I think we fear the King more than God. Sometimes we elevate our country above our Lord.

Just some food for thought here, but check out Shane Claiborne's litany sometime and let me know what you think. In some ways it bothers me, and yet in many ways it sounds like something Jesus would write.

You can watch the reading here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!