Links of the Week - April 5th, 2008

It's been a while since I posted links of the week, but here's another shot. If you didn't get to hear Andy Gullahorn yet, you really need to check out Reinventing the Wheel. You won't be disappointed.

On to the links...
  • Ever looked at that couple coming down the aisle and wondered if their marriage will make it? Great article from Time Magazine. HT: Kruse.
  • I enjoy reading Tony Morgan, but posts like these make me wonder, "What's the difference between the Church and a business?"
  • Good quote from the Sarcastic Lutheran. (HT: Jake)
    “As a Lutheran, I fully reject the gospel of prosperity, primarily on the grounds that I’m pretty sure it makes Jesus throw up in his mouth a little bit every time he thinks of it.”
  • Out of Ur does it again with another solid story. Here's the lead-in...
    "there are many local congregations nationwide that are not clinging to a sinking institution, are not confronted with a thoroughly postmodern youth culture, and are not terribly concerned with relevance (as such). They are, nevertheless, participating in great advances for the kingdom of God."
  • Maybe the best read of the week was a post about the Sunday Morning after the service Handshake Ritual.
  • Tall Skinny Kiwi has a discussion going on about contextualization with some of the reformers. I have to agree with Marko, this is probably TSK's best post in a while.
  • Anybody read Jesus for President? I have to admit that reading some of these things from Claiborne, makes me uncomfortable in a way that some parts of the Sermon on the Mount make me uncomfortable. Check out my post on the Pacifism, Politics and Prayer, and let me know what you think.
  • In many ways this post from Piper sums up the whole liberal vs. conservative mess for me. Truth and Compassion. It really is a possibility, but it will probably get you crucified.
  • More justification for all of the time I am spending/wasting on blogging.
  • As with all Kruse posts, I'm not sure I understood it all, but the parts I did get were hilarious.
  • Powerful stuff. This IS living the Sermon on the Mount.
  • Anybody tried out SketchKast?
  • And finally a quote from Mr. Microsoft himself reminding me that the Church makes for a very poor business...
    "Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning." -- Bill Gates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals