Music Tuesday - Saviour King by Hillsong

Well if you haven't figured this out by now, I was born in America but my heart is in Australia. I have really enjoyed Michael Frosts messages and I love his accent. And Hillsong (along with Vineyard and Passion) is one of my favorite producers of music. United is probably my favorite band.

And haven't you noticed that all praise and worship songs sound just a little better with an Australian accent? I'm sure we'll all speak that way in the New Heaven and Earth. :)

So for this week I'm encouraging you to check out Saviour King by Hillsong. This album is loaded with choices. It has some songs that just rock and others that reflect. Right now I'm really enjoying I'm Not Ashamed when I need to hear something loud. This song has some excellent licks in it. In Your Freedom has a great chorus at the end of the song. I think it would make a great camp song.

Lord of Lords
is just beautiful. But then again, we've come to expect that from most any song that Brooke sings. One Thing is traditional Hillsong. It sounds good, is easy to sing along with, and is pure praise towards our Great King.

To Know Your Name
has a great melody. I would love to sing this one with a bunch of friends someday.

Hosanna
is a great song, but I must say that I think I like the Passion version the best so far.

And the title track, Saviour King, really is my favorite song on the album. I can sing it over and over. Thankfully on the United Album, All of the Above, they do sing it over and over for 12 minutes! :) The track on Saviour King is only a paltry 7 minutes and 30 seconds. ;)
The words of the chorus are pure adoration. A song of love for our Saviour King.
We love you Lord, we worship you
You are our God, you alone are good
You asked your Son to carry this
The heavy cross our weight of sin

I love you Lord, I worship you
Hope which was lost, now stands renewed
I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the savior king



Tuesday Giveaway:
First person to reply or comment can pick whatever song they like off of the Saviour King album and I will send it to them through an iTunes gift.

Winner:
Debby

Calvary Setlist for April 27th, 2008
Trading My Sorrows
Still
Made Me Glad
Shout to the Lord

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals