By Many or By Few

Sometimes I get discouraged (I think it's a pride issue mostly) because I'm not part of a larger than life church. I read about Newspring or Elevation or Mosaic and I get really excited about the things that are happening there. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the church that God has allowed me to serve. They are some of the greatest people on the planet! But sometimes I really wonder what can so few do among so many.

And then of course, God smacks me on the head!

Today's reading...

1 Samuel 14:6 Jonathan said to the young man who carried his armor, “Come, let us go over to the garrison of these uncircumcised. It may be that the Lord will work for us, for nothing can hinder the Lord from saving by many or by
few.

It is the Lord who saves
. Why do I so easily forget that? I am not called to be big. What can be bigger than my God? Nothing. It is His battle and His victory. I've just got to obey His command.

Lord, Thank You for saving by many and by few. Help me to be obedient and remind me that the battle is Yours.

Comments

Tim Lewis said…
Awesome post. I fight the same battle. Pride is such a stinker.

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!