Ittai the Gittite

Now here's a name you don't hear much on the playground nowadays... Ittai. (Actually I did find an Israeli violinst named Ittai Shapira.)

From today's reading...
19 Then the king said to Ittai the Gittite, “Why do you also go with us? Go back and stay with the king, for you are a foreigner and also an exile from your home. 20 You came only yesterday, and shall I today make you wander about with us, since I go I know not where? Go back and take your brothers with you, and may the Lord show steadfast love and faithfulness to you.” 21 But Ittai answered the king, “As the Lord lives, and as my lord the king lives, wherever my lord the king shall be, whether for death or for life, there also will your servant be.”

Ittai is willing to serve no matter the consequences. Whether for death or for life, he will serve.

Lord, grant me the courage to serve for death or for life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!