Words that Rescue

Yesterday, I read about "recognizing righteousness." It was clear that the faithful God sometimes delivers affliction. But today I found out how to make it through the afflictions - delighting in God's words.
Psalm 119:92 If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.

It has been so true in my life that God's Word is most precious to me when I am in the storm.

I will never forget going to church the Wednesday after my nephew Miles passed away. Because we were gone on Sunday they had postponed our Church Training Service demonstrations. One of the things that our kids do in CTS is called Bible Sword Drill. It probably sounds strange to some, but these kids learn the books of the Bible and quotations and doctrines and then they try to locate them as fast as they can.

On this particular Wednesday evening, my heart had been ripped open by the loss in my family. But every passage that was searched and read was like a soothing balm poured on my broken heart. I don't know that I have ever heard God's word as clearly as I did then. I truly did delight in God's word that night and in the days ahead.

I'm sure for many, God's Word was the only thing that saved them from perishing.

Lord, please help me to delight in your words every day that I will be able to handle the storms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Help Me Please!