Commandment or Tradition?

I think this passage points to one of the questions I hoped that the conversations on this blog would help to answer. "Sweetest Frames" can be "traditions of men." They may be beautiful and meaningful, but when they are taken as God's commands they can cause us to misplace our trust.
Mark 7:6 ...“‘This people honors me with their lips,but their heart is far from me; 7 in vain do they worship me,teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ 8 You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.”

What things do you see today that are simply traditions, but they are being taught as the commandments of God?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals