Poor and Pathetic

When we were first forming our praise team at church one of the kids gave our new "band" a name -- Poor and Pathetic. Unfortunately, I think it may have been appropriate at the time. Our team has gotten a lot better since then, but we still identify with that name. (Some Sundays more than others!)

In yesterday's reading, I found a similar idea...
Psalm 40:17 As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!

What a great thought! I truly am poor and pathetic, yet the Lord takes thought for me. I don't understand it. But I'm so thankful for this truth.

Lord, thank you for loving us even though we are poor and pathetic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals