I Just Don't Understand...

I don't understand...

I don't understand why God would take the life of my friend's wife when she was doing so much for the kingdom. I don't understand why He couldn't have let her leave home a minute later.

I don't understand...

I don't understand why God is allowing my cousin to battle cancer at such a young age. She has kids that need her, and husband that needs her, and a mom and dad that are suffering just trying to sort all this out.

I don't understand...

I don't understand why the neighbor kid on my block is facing cancer as a 5th grader. He's dealing with things like chemo and radiation instead of playing ball. Why?

I don't understand...

I don't understand why my wife's grandmother has a body that has been tormented and twisted for many years, and yet she is the one left to continue in her suffering.

I don't understand...

I just don't get it sometimes.


But I do "get" this...

Isaiah 55:9 As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

And I "get" this...

Lamentations 3:21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

And I know this...

Job 19:25 "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth."

And I long for this...

2 Corinthians 5:2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling... 4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

And I just can't wait for this...

1 Corinthians 15:54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

Lord, I just don't understand, but I'm trusting you. Help me, but more importantly, help those who are even closer to these situations than I am to trust you in the midst of their pain. To truly be able to say that You are enough.

This is an awfully strange place to link to this video clip on the prosperity gospel, but at about 1:30 into the clip, Piper makes some unbelievably strong statements that remind us that our lives are to ultimately be about His glory. Especially in Suffering.

If you are facing loss right now, this is not the time to watch this video clip. But if you are the friend, or family member, or neighbor of someone facing loss, maybe this clip will remind you that God is Enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals