Forgetting Evil Men

The NIU tragedy touches so many emotions in me. I'm angry, confused, sympathetic, wishing to make things better. In yesterday's reading I find some words that bring comfort, but also make me ask some questions too.
Psalm 34: 5 The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry. 16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth. 17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hearsand delivers them out of all their troubles. 18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. 20 He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken. 21 Affliction will slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. 22 The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

David says the Lord is against evil men to cut off the memory of them from the earth. Sometimes I wonder if we make celebrities of the evil doers. I'm not calling us to deny that evil exists, but I'm asking that we don't glorify it. But then as I read on I'm reminded that the Lord is near, and most importantly He redeems the life of His servants.

Verse 20 is a prophecy of our Lord, and I'm sure vs. 22 is as well. I'm sure that people thought that the life of Jesus was a waste, but God redeemed His life, and He will redeem ours, if we are His servants. I hope those precious lives cut short in the midst of this tragedy will be redeemed as well.

Lord, please bring grace to NIU. They need you now. We all do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals