In His Time

Sometimes -- most of the time -- I want God to do great things and to do them right now! I want to be changed right now. I want to see His power right now. I want others to surrender to Him right now. But sometimes God moves us along little by little. I hope this isn't "over-spiritualizing" a text, but this passage reminds me of the truth that God is actually being gracious to us when He doesn't change things all at once.

Exodus 23:29 I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts multiply against you. 30 Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and possess the land.

Lord, please help me to trust Your timing.

Comments

Nathan said…
Travis,

I feel like this sometimes. Actually, I feel like this a bit right now.

Just thought I'd express a similar experience. I enjoy your blog. Keep on keeping on,

Nathan

Popular posts from this blog

Music Tuesday - 2 Free Album Giveaways

Just Making Memories or Ear Piercing--The Hard Way.

Obama, Abortion & Young Evangelicals